Mount St Benedict College has a multi-purpose Hall, extensive computing facilities, a well-resourced Information Resource Centre, state-of-the-art Technology and Applied Studies building, Dance Studio and Drama S\tudio, art and music suites, courts for netball and basketball, and a multi-purpose sports oval.
The College enjoys a beautiful position overlooking the Blue Gum High Forest. It is an oasis of calm with a Courtyard of Peace, a dedicated Chapel and courtyards for Junior and Senior girls. Girls can enjoy lunch on the decks overlooking the bush.
The installation of solar panels, shade cloths and rainwater tanks demonstrate the College's commitment to stewardship of the environment. The College has installed a 100kw solar system which has substantially reduced the College’s carbon footprint.
The next stage of the College Master Plan has been approved and buildig of a state-of-the-art Creative and Performing Arts Centre is now underway and will be opened in early 2018.
The College community has chosen to name this new facility after the Benedictine Abbess Hildegard of Bingen (1098-1179) who lived in the
region of Bavaria. She was an extraordinarily creative, visionary and passionate woman of faith who is now recognised as one of the
giants of Christian history. She is recognised for her spiritual visions, her poetry, her art (illuminations), her hymns and meditations,
alongside her significant scientific prowess and political activism.
The Hildegard Centre for Creative and Performing Arts will feature:
- a performing arts space with full stage production facilities and retractable seating for 220 people
- two music classrooms
- six peripatetic rooms
- a drama studio
- a dance studio
- three art studios